Wednesday

Sugar Bump

Disclaimer: This post is not about Phillip (even though the title may imply it)

In sixth grade a friend of mine named Vinnie told me that the small painful bumps that emerged on my tongue every once in a while were caused from eating too much sugar, and that they were called Sugar Bumps. My critical consumer skills were not as refined back then so I believed him and, since I am not in the mood to Google the term or the condition right now, I still believe it.

Today, I have a small painful little lump on my tongue. It. Is. Painful. I have a few ideas of how this particular lump came to be:

Ever since I moved out of my house I do my own grocery shopping and I am a budget grocery shopper. I try not to spend money on candies or good tasting fatty things that only cause temporary happiness. Every time I walk by the peanut butter isle, though, I cannot help but eyeball the Nutella jars. A small yellow sticker tells me that they are $3.49. A small voice in my head tells me to move on. I usually do. But last week I decided that I am no longer under my parents jurisdiction and that my money is my money and if I want nutella for breakfast for the next two weeks then I can have it.

This may be the cause of the sugar bump.

It could also be THIS website that I browse on a daily basis. The pictures are pretty potent and the recipes are remarkable. I am browsing this website more often than not. The potency might be a little much.

This could also be the cause of my sugar bump.

And, last but not least, I have been spending a lot of time with Phillip and he has really been so kind and so (here it comes) sweet. He is such a gentleman. I truly believe that his kindness and generosity could have caused my body to think that I was literally consuming sugar. He has also been making homemade ice-cream everyday since February.

That could be the cause of my sugar bump.

4 comments:

lyn. said...

Thanks for putting your blog address on Facebook!!

I'm positive that Vinnie is right, because as I was reading your post, I found one big Sugar Bump on my tongue, and wouldn't you know it, I have eaten way more sugar than normal the last two days! But, I like thinking that yours came about because of Phillip...

Matt said...

I was really enjoying this post til the end because, for some reason, I almost threw up on myself. Good luck with the sugar lumps in your mouth! :)

Anonymous said...

Uh... actually that is about Phillip, I would say.

Becca said...

Stephanie! I would feel like such a stalker if I didn't comment. haha. Here's a list for you:

1. You are engaged.
2. overjoyed..!
3. discovered your blog
4. read, read, read
5. loved it.

I think I will check it more often. And I love lists. It drives James crazy sometimes. :o)